Discuss Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

user123

Can anyone please tell me if they can see this without signing in to Facebook? Thanks...

D

Daz

I've managed to miss this thread :mad2:.

G, can you send me the info relating to the Colchester event please?
Cost agenda etc. etc.. That's assuming there is still space?

S

Saad

You can look forward to a full programme!
All you need to bring is drawing paper, pens and scissors! Let me surprise you.
It will be good to meet you all.

U

user123

Please note: Deadline for reserving a place and payment of deposit: Oct.10th, 2010

There are still spaces, don't miss out on this... the next course held by Saad and myself will be in Alexandria in Egypt... and then who knows? Please do take a look at his album with just a few examples of his work.. you will not turn into a mosaic master over night, but boy will you improve your design ability... :thumbsup:

U

user123

stars.gif
PHEW!!!!

JUST heard that Saad finally got his visitors visa, thank God for that, seemed a little touch and go there for a while!! Soo, guys, the courses are definitely going ahead, plain tickets booked and everything, we are putting a lot of effort in to really make this good, I look forward to meeting you there!!!

The modern day Michelangelo is coming!!! YESSS!!! What a relief... not anywhere near as easy for Egyptians to get a visa as it is for us, and heaps more expensive, I am so glad that's sorted again... I can't stop smiling... this will be SO good!!!
Dancedancer05.gif

U

user123

Read more about the course on here :)

Mosaic Matters - the online magazine for all things mosaic

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

The British Association of Modern Mosaics (BAMM) kindly published the following text in their online newlsetter:

Special course available

In addition to giving a talk at the British Mosaic Forum Saad Mikhaiel will present courses in the UK so you have a rare opportunity to learn from him.

A master of Micro Mosaics, Saad Romany Mikhaiel from Cairo and Scarborough mosaic artist Gisela Gibbon will be running two mosaic design courses in October, a 1-day Course in Colchester, Oct 24th, and a 2-day Course in Stoke-on -Trent.

This course will teach you the principles of turning any image, be it a portrait, landscape, human body, any other 3 dimensional object you can think of into a mosaic with depth. It will give you the understanding how to achieve perspective, features, depth and the subtleties of light and shade in your work. This is a truly unique course, a rare chance to meet Saad during his short time in the UK and to learn from such an incredible master mosaicist and a modern day artistic genius. All you need to bring is an A4 or A3 drawing pad and pens including pencil, felts and marker pen, we will provide the rest.

Please note, you will NOT produce a mosaic in such a short time, but there will be practical work and you will have practical reminders of the principles involved to take home and introduce into your style of working.

The one day Course in Colchester is £120, the 2-day Course in Stoke-on-Trent is £200, places are filling up fast and are only secured by a 50% deposit, on a first come first serve basis, payable by cheque or paypal, deadline Oct 10th 2010.

Please email Gisela via her website: www.makeitsomosaics.co.uk for more details or call her on 01723 354072 .

U

user123

Saad just sent me a message he'd like me to post on here, it's easier for me to do, so here it goes: :)

* Thanks to all friends who attending our mosaic design master class courses in ( UK ) Colchester Oct 24th, Sunday / Stoke-on-Trent Oct 30+31st

* Thanks to all who wrote all those nice comments and nice wishes, I understanding their reasons and I hope to meet their requests.

* As I will be more happy if my or Gisela's friends here who (not yet replied ) found time to take a look at the course, does everybody know already? sorry, about my English.

* Also you can take a look to OR listen to the audio file in ( Voice of America ) News report talking about my art style: It's a chance to know more about what I'm doing, but the design course is for all types of design, for you to improve your work.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news...opic-Pieces-to-Make-Massive-Art-98859964.html

* Finally: Thanks to my wonderful friend , mosaic artist Gisela Gibbon who concerned with all the details and arrangements for this course in England

I will be happy to receiving your responses and comments

Saad R Mikhaiel (Micro Mosaic )

Reply to Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks