Discuss Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

faithhealer

Courtesy of Dave from Construction Skills we have a distinct possibility of running a workshop in Stoke-on-Trent... any takers? Nicely in the middle of the UK.... let me know? :thumbsup:
you could get a couple of local celebrities introduce you and Saad, thinking of Dan and Liz of course

U

user123

Ok, guys... news update: I just had a word from Dave at Construction Skills College who will check availability of rooms for me for the weekend of October 30/31 2010 for our course run in Stoke-on Trent.

Because of some family matters Saad will only be able to come for 2 weeks, so this is the only weekend available to us, the Colchester course will happen on Sunday the 24th.

Now, I am thinking of running this as an optional 2 day course, as much more can be covered then, but I want to sound you out about it, who definitely wants to come, the fee would be £120 for one day - 10am-4pm (this can be adjusted to an hour later if required), or £200 for two.

Course content would be concentrating on the artistic aspect, how to achieve perspective, facial and body features, how to work to achieve harmony of colour and cutting style, as well as the basic 'how to make a mosaic' techniques, the do's and don'ts.
In my experience Saad's strength is demonstrating and teaching with pen in hand, so bring plenty of drawing paper and your own pens as you are more like to experiment on paper first. You do not have to be an artist, if you can;t draw, don't worry, we have ways... :lol: The secret to artistic mosaics is good design keeping your material in mind, so you will not be going on a tiling course that will magically transform bits of tile into works of art, instead your eyes will be opened to what different cutting styles and colour combinations can do.

I would expect that all of you interested will think of certain things you would love to learn, and as sooner you let me know this via pm the better so that I can include it in the timetable.

I would expect an non-returnable deposit of 50% payable by cheque or paypal - because of room restrictions at the college places are limited to 10 only, so don't miss out - we are also inviting people from outside TF, from the mosaic community.

Any questions, just ask... I look forward to meeting you in person! :thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

You know I'll be there for the 2 days - will have to look at Mrs timeless's diary to see if that's for 2 and for the 2 days.
Let me just go back to the start of the thread and see how much support you'll get.
Wow! Hope I've got in early enough:lol:.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Gisela, count me in, the thought of learning at the same time as meeting some of you guys. WOW:thumbsup:

S

Spud

I would like to attend the 2 day course, i have done the art work for a large mosaic and would love to bring it so i can get some advice from you and Saad

U

user123

John, Phil and Gary, that's fantastic news - all people whose work I respect greatly and your technical knowledge of materials etc does mean with you we will really be able to concentrate on the creative/artistic side of things. Please do feel free to PM me with any thought you may have, I can't promise to make everyone happy but I sure can try!

John, it has to be on a first come first serve basis, i.e. places are given to those whose 50% deposit or full payment comes in first, as soon as you are ready ask me via PM or email (via my website) for my paypal or home address to send payment or cheque to. NO , you are not too late, we are only now in the position to start firming things up.

Gary, yes, do bring your artwork and we'll put our heads together :thumbsup:

U

user123

News update: Dave from Construction Skills College who had been very helpful, - thank you again Dave - told me that his two conference rooms would only seat 5 people including the individual tables we would need in the room, so this would not be suitable. So, I went out and found a much more suitable and very exciting place, with free parking, a lovely cafe, and even a pottery museum to have a look around in at lunchtime if you wish, very easy to get to by car, and by taxi just three miles from Stoke-on -Trent Railway station. Absolutely perfect. This is the venue - can't wait to meet you there, hope you are as excited as I am! :hurray: Stoke Museums - Welcome To Gladstone Pottery Museum

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

Gladstone Pottery Museum is about a mile from where I grew up G :D excellent choice of venue :yesnod:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sound. This is sounding like I can pop round to see you guys! Brilliant stuff!

C

Colour Republic

Looks like Dan is trying to blag a free spot, "I only popped round to say hello", yeah right!:lol:

Reply to Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks