Search the forum,

Discuss Morrissons cut 4p from the price of fuel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

Just been down to Morrissons, they have cut 4p from the price of diesel and petrol, Diesel was down to 1.26. Cant remeber what the petrol was.

Ques were down the road, the woman at the kiosk said it had been the same all morning, they even had a security gaurd organising people into qeues for the pumps.

Not sure if other supermarket garages have done the same,

Glad to see someone making the first move toward common sense, hopefully others will follow suite and start a price war, pushing prices down. Lets See :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

It has been on the news this week that the supermarkets are competing........shame the goverment can't do the same......

T

tiler burden

hi dave

technically the supermarkets are running the country hey mate. they seem to be the ones making astronomical profits. apart from you ;0)

O

Olz

Thing is I alway use either morrissons or sainsbury stations, their always the cheapest in my area, and usually have a steady flow of people at the pumps, they've knocked 4p of a litre, and although there taking the hit in their profits the have been chaotically busy, it was remeniscant of the panic buying when the petrol strkes were on, I bet they've made up for lost profit in all the extra business they've had.

C

CLAYS TILES

asda is doing the same,we're down to £1.12 now!
its a con for us all to buy buy buy! same when fuel protests!!!!

O

Olz

Surley it can only be to our benefit though clays, my car was empty, so I paid 4p less for the diesel, than I would of done had they not reduced the price, they've been really busy the petrol stations in my area that were sticking with full price were like ghost towns.

From the stations point of view, charge less, get more business, from the consumer point of view, pay less for fuel.

D

DHTiling

All they will do is stick what they knock off the fuel onto there food...so you pay either way if you shop there....

I was told that supermarket fuel is not as clean as stand alone stations....but who do you believe.....?

Reply to Morrissons cut 4p from the price of fuel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen