Currently reading:
Morrissons cut 4p from the price of fuel

Discuss Morrissons cut 4p from the price of fuel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

Just been down to Morrissons, they have cut 4p from the price of diesel and petrol, Diesel was down to 1.26. Cant remeber what the petrol was.

Ques were down the road, the woman at the kiosk said it had been the same all morning, they even had a security gaurd organising people into qeues for the pumps.

Not sure if other supermarket garages have done the same,

Glad to see someone making the first move toward common sense, hopefully others will follow suite and start a price war, pushing prices down. Lets See :thumbsup:

O

Olz

Thing is I alway use either morrissons or sainsbury stations, their always the cheapest in my area, and usually have a steady flow of people at the pumps, they've knocked 4p of a litre, and although there taking the hit in their profits the have been chaotically busy, it was remeniscant of the panic buying when the petrol strkes were on, I bet they've made up for lost profit in all the extra business they've had.

G

grumpygrouter

It has been stated in a certain French car manufacturers hand books for their latest diesel vehicles that premium grade fuel only should be used. This came to public light in a motoring magazine where one driver had an engine failure as a direct result of using supermarket fuel. There are certain filters and systems built into the engine management of the car that rely on pristine fuel. The manufacturer refused the claim under warrantly because the driver failed to read the hand book and used "inappropriate" quality fuel.

As an aside to this, my first experience of the better quality of fuel from Shell (and Esso) arose when I purchased my first BMW more than 15 years a go. The car didn't run as well as expected and diagnosis showed that the injectors needed a real good clean. This was at the time Shell introduced their "new" cleaning additive to their fuel for the first time. Instead of having the injectors cleaned at £80 a piece (x 6) I stuck in a tank full of shell. 1 1/2 tanks of shell had completely cleaned out the fuel system and the car ran as sweet as a nut.

i have used quality fuel ever since and do notice when i have to use "cheaper" fuel that there is a difference in performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TilingLogistics

I tend to use Tesco because of the benefit from the clubcard points and recently they re introduced the 5p off a litre when you spend £50 or more in their stores. I filled up the other day they had reduced fuel from £1.319 a litre to £1.269 a litre with this so called pricewar. So then what started at £1.269 litre turned out to be £1.189 a litre after the 5p off then the clubcard points then I get a 2% cashback on all fuel purchases. An overall saving of £11.18 based on the 86 litres I put in.

The point is if they can afford this now they can afford it all the time. I am sure Tesco did not lose money on the transaction.

Kev

Reply to Morrissons cut 4p from the price of fuel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.