Discuss Mapei fast setting tile adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

I mixed a bit up today and layed 3 tiles to test it. mixed 1kg to around 300ml of water. time will tell...but once the tile hits the wall, it seems to dry quite rapidly. Need to get the tile right first time.
what's the date of manufacture on the bag?

F

fido69r

ceramic, primed and about a year old...they have held very well...I'm thinking it's just the water ratio wasn't enough. If you go by what it says on the bag, the outcome is very thick and almost unworkable. I made it the consistancy of butter cream and it's better.

Reply to Mapei fast setting tile adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay