Discuss Mapei fast setting tile adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

fido69r

Right....Don't want upset any tilers,but...is there any way of slowing down how fast this stuff sets? Yes, I know they do normal stuff, but found a 20kg bag of it in the shed, and I'm not the fastest in the world. I was buying ready mixed, but it was costing me a fortune, and there's enough of it to finish this job. The mix ratio is about 2-1, but what would happen if you added more water? would that slow it down or alter the adhesion, or worse....thanks.

T

Time's Ran Out

Worse - but you already knew that!
Altering the ratio guides will invalidate any guarantee, it's fast set for a reason.

D

Dumbo

If you were to mix it with ice cold water it may slow it down but as @JulianSidney I suspect it has gone by it sell by date and that is why it is going off so fast .

F

fido69r

It's dtill in date...but to me 20-30 mins is fast...I meaan, it gets harder to work with after that..

I

ISOMAT technical support

Would Isomat AK Rapid Flex C2 FT S1 be any good?
It has got pot life of min 90min
And open time 20min, you can grout floors and walls
after 1-3hours.
Acorn Tiles in Hemmel Hempstead stocks it.

F

fido69r

I mixed a bit up today and layed 3 tiles to test it. mixed 1kg to around 300ml of water. time will tell...but once the tile hits the wall, it seems to dry quite rapidly. Need to get the tile right first time.

D

Dumbo

I mixed a bit up today and layed 3 tiles to test it. mixed 1kg to around 300ml of water. time will tell...but once the tile hits the wall, it seems to dry quite rapidly. Need to get the tile right first time.
Have you primed your background with an acrylic or sbr primer . If not that can slow down the drying .

Reply to Mapei fast setting tile adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks