Search the forum,

Discuss Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

I can't see a problem with giving an itemised estimate of materials with prices, the total still ends up the same...
Long as I'm making profit on everything why is it so wrong?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I can't see a problem with giving an itemised estimate of materials with prices, the total still ends up the same...
Long as I'm making profit on everything why is it so wrong?
Because if you tell them a bag of adhesive is £15 then they will get there own rubbish make cheaper and you have to explain why your not using there tub of fix 'n' grout crap they buy for £3.99....!!

S

Spare Tool

Because if you tell them a bag of adhesive is £15 then they will get there own rubbish make cheaper and you have to explain why your not using there tub of fix 'n' grout crap they buy for £3.99....!!
Not had that happen ever though Andy..
The price is still the same wether you break it down or not, infact I quite like justifying why the materials price is what it is

F

Flintstone

I buy all my gear from a local independent shop, and I charge the customer a fair price for it, but if they go searching on line it comes up with all sorts of daft low prices, I've had that before even I can't supply for those online prices. You don't need to itemise every item, a joiner doesn't itemise his screws, I'm
Sure

S

Spare Tool

I buy all my gear from a local independent shop, and I charge the customer a fair price for it, but if they go searching on line it comes up with all sorts of daft low prices, I've had that before even I can't supply for those online prices. You don't need to itemise every item, a joiner doesn't itemise his screws, I'm
Sure

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

I like the customer to know how much I'm spending on fixing materials just so they don't think I'm making a shred load of money every day. I had one customer who got his adhesive of off topps tile because my adhesive was to expensive until I told him he didn't have enough and I could supply at half the price . Obviously I only gave a price for adhesive and not how many bags in my quote .

Reply to Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen