Search the forum,

Discuss Light weights in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

FionaMapeiMark

I am working on Mapei's lightweight adhesives offer and wondered what fixers thought of the light weights on the market.

Do you use them?
Do you see an advantage in using them?

D

david campbell

never heard of them but it sounds like a really good idea as a lot of people are now using heavier tiles such as porcelain and travertine on walls and don't want the expense of re-sheeting to a product that can carry the weight more efficiently:thumbsup:

S

Spud

ive used nanolight good adhesive but not worth the extra cost imo if you can price them right then great, is adsilex p10 a light weight ?as i have used this as well

F

Fred

Saw it in this months stone mag. Have not seen in the shops yet, but if its more money I won't use it.

H

hillhead

Mapei showing its prowess yet again,good woman fiona,price comes into it a lot but i'm certain you have nothing to do with that.The light stuff is a definite advantage on heavy tiles on walls.

M

Matt

Im afraid im in the dark about this one, could someone enlighten me?

I'm alittle in the dark on this one aswell, but I'll take a stab at it :lol:

I "think" it is a product that goes further, but weighs less. I.E You get 5sqm from a 20KG bag, but with the lightweight stuff you get 7sqm from a 15KG Bag. If that makes any sense? :lol:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ive used pcis nanolight and it claims a 15kg covers the same as a 25kg bag of normal gear, the advantage to me would seem to be less strain on the old back ...

Reply to Light weights in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen