Discuss Levelling schluter curbs in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on leveling schluter curbs. I'm installing a shower kit on top of 3/4 plywood floor. The one curb in question is approximately 40in long.

In that 40in stretch if I lay my 4ft level down the floor is PERFECTLY level. Almost disturbingly level to be honest (ha). Until you notice that at either end of the level there is roughly a 1/16 to 1/8th inch gap. So the floor has a mild hump in the middle of the curb location essentially.

I'm using the 1/4 x 3/8 U notch trowel recommended by schluter so there's a decent bed of mortar going down.

I know in a perfect world every floor would be diamond sharp perfect, but am I ok in assuming the thinset applied should be enough to allow my curb to adhere well in this situation and make up the gap?

I'm using schluter all set if that helps. I'm trying to avoid carving up the bottom of the curb trying to custom fit it's shape, and I also don't have alot of interest in pouring self leveller out tbh.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1920746518.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Levelling schluter curbs in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks