Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling clips | Lash Clips - Suppliers of Lash Clips & Leveling Spacers in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Afternoon chaps

I've got a job coming up and the developer has spec'd the use of lash clips on the floor tiling. The tiles are 600 sq super white polished porcelain, 2mm joints and he wants the clips to be used to ensure no lips/shadows etc. Aprox 200mt area with a huge glass wall and bi-folds etc.
Now I don't normally use them so havn't a clue if they are worth using but he's adamant they are to be used on this job as its spec'd by his client and they will be visiting site so my question to you is....

- What system is the best?
- Is there a nack to it? Wetter adhesive?
- Is it going to slow me down and should I charge more for the faffing about and not just for the clips?

Thanks in advance

L

LM

IMG_5824.JPG IMG_5798.JPG
Contact details please Craig?!
Craig I think Antonio has been misunderstood here. He uses the Ramondi original brand which are of a more brittle plastic and if you have positioned them correctly they sit vertical on the wedge, if not then something is out of alignment. I've used both and the Block clips are of a more flexible plastic and bend over the wedge when you tighten them. I think Antonio thought you were using RLS and was maybe trying to offer advice :)
Above is two pics of both types I used this week on a job if it helps explain what I mean better :thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
View attachment 85756 View attachment 85755
Craig I think Antonio has been misunderstood here. He uses the Ramondi original brand which are of a more brittle plastic and if you have positioned them correctly they sit vertical on the wedge, if not then something is out of alignment. I've used both and the Block clips are of a more flexible plastic and bend over the wedge when you tighten them. I think Antonio thought you were using RLS and was maybe trying to offer advice :)
Above is two pics of both types I used this week on a job if it helps explain what I mean better :thumbsup:
Nah clever dick comes out clever dick no matter which language we speak ;)
Ive used the raimondi and the block ,i bend them both ,i just use my hands , no pliers , i have bionic fingers :hand::hand:

I

Italy

View attachment 85756 View attachment 85755
brittle?
I h and you are out of the way ....
I was wondering, how long ago did you use rls?
if those ferramentaweb, they bend like your work, I realized that not for me. Monday arriving, then I'll talk. I ones that fold, I have already tried it. :)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
is a problem for me to answer in the day, I do not translate google, then post photos.
but the picture says it all ....;)
This is what I mean about being clever ant , saying my pictures say it all, in other words, I'm doing it wrong and I'm rough and your the best cos yours are straight .
you should stop now before I let rip and spit my dummy out :)

L

LM

Think I'll change to these with the wedges, really rated the genesis straps but only on second job with them and found I'm having to throw quite a few of the re-usable top clips away as there not gripping the straps, wonder if I should complain..bet I've thrown away 20 out of 100 #disappointed :(
Andy did you try turning them round, a lot of the time that can sort it

S

Spare Tool

Andy did you try turning them round, a lot of the time that can sort it
Actually no I didn't, just pulled them off and put another one on, you can actually hear the difference when pushing on, they don't click the same, ive got all the dodgy ones in a bucket though, so could give it a try turning them round if you think that'll make a difference..

Reply to Levelling clips | Lash Clips - Suppliers of Lash Clips & Leveling Spacers in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.