Discuss Laying travertine over ceramic floor tiles? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peegee tips

Hi Ken, What difference would applying latex make instead of a layer of tile adhesive?

Would it not be the same to lay ditra, & then tile over that, afterall ditra is a waterproof membrane ?

I take it that can be layed with the usual rapid RSF over the quarries ?

Reaction score
Latex screed is quicker and easier to use than adhesive therefore costing less in labour in the long run, but, as Dave said, you can just Ditra straight over, just make sure that any wax or oily product is stripped out of the quarries beforehand, in case the adhesive doesn't bond to the surface, in all cases the quarries will need to be primed initially and solidly fixed to the substrate.:thumbsup:

Reply to Laying travertine over ceramic floor tiles? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi. Screed been down ten years, no issues . I’m about to start the mammoth task of lifting...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay