Search the forum,

Discuss Laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pt44

Hi

I got a Stanley Fat Max Matrix CL54 Laser that does everything. I can't recommend it highly enough. I bought it for general building work and to tile my own kitchen floor (a really large area which required extremely straight lines over a large distance. Couldn't see the point in dot lasers, nor the one's that only had one trick up their sleeve, like cross lines. This model does everything - cross line, horizontal line, plumb - cross on ceiling above the plumb. Its amazing. Useful for every kind of building job - and dead useful for tiling.

Costs about £300 - I got mine off ebay for £210 - looked brand new. Worth every penny.

Paul

D

DHTiling

Hi

I got a Stanley Fat Max Matrix CL54 Laser that does everything. I can't recommend it highly enough. I bought it for general building work and to tile my own kitchen floor (a really large area which required extremely straight lines over a large distance. Couldn't see the point in dot lasers, nor the one's that only had one trick up their sleeve, like cross lines. This model does everything - cross line, horizontal line, plumb - cross on ceiling above the plumb. Its amazing. Useful for every kind of building job - and dead useful for tiling.

Costs about £300 - I got mine off ebay for £210 - looked brand new. Worth every penny.

Paul

Is it self levelling..?..

P

pt44

Is it self levelling..?..

Sure is. Its has all the bells and whistles one could desire :)

I did quite a bit of research into laser levels (I'm a bit anal when it comes to finding out what is the best thing available). You can buy better levels, but the next step up is a huge step in cost. And the only advantage is more accuracy. Which, when you consider the accuracy of the Stanley - is already superb and not needed for most people.

As a quality product for a good price, the Stanley can't be beaten from the research I did.

Paul

P

pt44

I'm thinking about the leica lino, has anyone used one of these?

Looks like a great tool. Coming from a photographic background - Leica optics are going to be first class. Also has an interesting function - of being able to lock the laser, while still having the laser on - so you can project a line at any angle - which could be useful sometimes.

However - personally, I would find the cross line function alone, limiting. It covers a lot of situations, however, having the Stanley CL54's ability to project 3 vertical lines at a perfect 90 degree angle to eachother - as well as a perfect plumb top and bottom, is just too useful for words.

Stanley FatMax Matrix CL54

An example of this - is the reason I bought the laser. To tile my own kitchen/dining room floor. 450x450mm porcelain tiles, laid in a diagonal pattern. Passing through a 3 metre wide Bi-Fold door and continuing outside to a patio. I am a perfectionist - and wanted the diagonal to be a perfect 45 degrees starting at the 3mt door. With the CL54 - this was dead easy. As it projects lines at a perfect 90 degree angle - all I had to do, was set it in the doorway - line up the first to vertical lines with the door edge - then turn the device - using its built in scale to 45 degrees. Bingo - two perfect laser lines along the floor running away from the door.

Yes - you could do this manually with a square - but the laser lines stay there - even as you tile - superb tool.

Paul

PS - no I don't work for Stanley ;) I just love good tools, one's that do their job well and save me time. And the CL54 is one of those.

T

tiler burden

check out the new laser liner 3 from trade tiler!! does square for floors aswell if i'm not mistaken...not cheap but a very good and comprehensive laser. id go for that over the pls180

Reply to Laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen