Search the forum,

Discuss knee pads in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

moorksy

been laying a bathroom floor this morning and my knees are killing me!!! i ve got a pair from screwfix cost me £20.00 with memory foam. should i buy a more expensive pair or is it just my age!!!! what is your choice of knee protection.

G

grumpygrouter

Maybe that sort of knee pad doesn't suit you. I have trousers with Dickies kneepads in the pocket of the knees, I can work all day in them and only really have bit of sensitivity on the skin by the end of the day.

Knees will hurt a little if you are on them all the time, as they are not designed for that function. Just have to make sure you get up and walk around a bit regularly to keep 'em moving.:thumbsup:

B

brundlefly

ive tried hundred of pads over the years

the pants with pad pockets are good ,

also the hard cap pads but with clip not velcro fasterners

i used to have a lot of pain in one knee like a hot needle going in
but wife put me on glucosamine about a yr ago seems to work

tradetiler are doing some good pads but there always out of stock
Capped Kneepads (clip fixings)

G

Grace'sDad

I use Snickers with the pad inserts (dual density type) and they are really good.

A couple of things to watch when working on your knees; try not to sit on your calves because this places great strain on your ligaments and stretches them to the point of weakening them (unless your muscles are in good shape). Also try not to pivot at the waist while kneeling, like reaching sideways and backwards for a bucket etc. Again, this puts great strain on the knee ligaments (as well as your back).

H

hillhead

I'm with Whitebeam here,german £50 quid from tradetiler.big ugly red ones but by hell they work extremely well,designed by a knee surgeon or something i think.Have mine 2 years now,will last for many more.
Joe.

T

tobster11

I use Snickers with the pad inserts (dual density type) and they are really good.

A couple of things to watch when working on your knees; try not to sit on your calves because this places great strain on your ligaments and stretches them to the point of weakening them (unless your muscles are in good shape). Also try not to pivot at the waist while kneeling, like reaching sideways and backwards for a bucket etc. Again, this puts great strain on the knee ligaments (as well as your back).

:lol: I wish you had told me that 10 years ago
seriously though ive only just started using knee pads after 10 years of working on my knees:mad2: and now with one knee clicking all the time and some swelling and pain on a daily basis .decided to buy some screwfix jobbies
probably a bit too late for me though!

G

Grace'sDad

Tobster - how old are you?

My knees aren't great now at 32. But I mountain bike regularly and take a high strength Glucosamine supplement 3 times a day instead of once.
It all seems to help and has sorted out my clicky knee and the pain that went with it.

(and plenty of red meat, beer and oily fish - I'm not sure what the red meat and beer does exactly, but I like it)

D

DHTiling

I'm with Whitebeam here,german £50 quid from tradetiler.big ugly red ones but by hell they work extremely well,designed by a knee surgeon or something i think.Have mine 2 years now,will last for many more.
Joe.

The same german knee surgeon has designed a kneeling pad as well now....I think it is on there as well......

T

tobster11

Tobster - how old are you?

My knees aren't great now at 32. But I mountain bike regularly and take a high strength Glucosamine supplement 3 times a day instead of once.
It all seems to help and has sorted out my clicky knee and the pain that went with it.

(and plenty of red meat, beer and oily fish - I'm not sure what the red meat and beer does exactly, but I like it)

grace's dad. my knees /knee is probably a bit worse than yours at 35 its only the last year ive had bother with it though ! as well as my back going a few times
and my elbows seizing up at christmas
other than that im in pretty good shape:grin:
one of my mates mentoine glucosamine the other day think ill give it a go
unless anyone wants to swap knees/backs /elbows etc:yes:
thanks by the way

M

murf

i'll swap with you tobster. Knees,back,elbows, and i'll even throw in neck and achilles heel for good measure. Hope to hear from u soon:lol:

Reply to knee pads in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen