Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen Floor Prep Advice Required in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

Hi, I am looking to tile my kitchen floor with 600x600 porcelain tiles and am not sure if I should be putting down ply or if I can use hardbacker? I've been on to the builder (fairly new house) to ask about subfloor & they confirmed on top of the structural concrete floor is 60mm insulation then 18mm chipboard.
New to this caper so go easy on me please!
Thanks

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

You have a floating floor by the sounds of it.
Do you know if there are any fixings in the boards to any timbers/joists? Ir is it literally chipboard Laid on celotex?

Are you tiling around the existing kitchen? Or is this being replaced/removed?

B

Bill

Thanks guys, not sure about fixings to joists so will get back on to the builder & find out. I would be tiling around existing kitchen so under kickboards & washing machine recess.
Cheers

B

Bill

builders have now got back to me to confirm it is a floating floor I have.
After reading posts on this forum relating to floating floors i've now returned the tiles as way too much hassle & expense by the sounds of it.
Cheers for the guidance!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
builders have now got back to me to confirm it is a floating floor I have.
After reading posts on this forum relating to floating floors i've now returned the tiles as way too much hassle & expense by the sounds of it.
Cheers for the guidance!

It's not that much hassle,nor is it expensive really. Shame

Reply to Kitchen Floor Prep Advice Required in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen