Search the forum,

Discuss Internal 90 deg tile trim but.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charwood23

I have an enclosed cistern and as such it is boxed in and I'm tiling round it. The boxing informs a shelf which has incurred the wrath of me trying to get a three way mitre for the aluminium tile trim which is when I found the solution on this forum.

What I need to do now is from the flats that make the top of the boxing in and shelf type arrangement is make an internal 90 deg mitre.

However I am going from a flat mounted trim on one section to a wall mounted section.

I have tried all manor of cuts using my mitre box, upright and flat and combination of them all to no avail. How the hell do you do it? Is the answer staring at me and I'm being a muppet?

Ive stuck n a picture to show clearly what I'm on about.

Thanks

View attachment Tile Joint.doc

C

charwood23

Have done but not gone for flat or square but another solution. Turns out the profile of the trim is not actually quadrant and does not make a nice quarter circle. As such I'm never going to get opposing surfaces to match. I'll never use the stuff again!

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If your using that sort of trim, you could buy the corner peices to do what you ask.
Prob a better place to buy than this but it was the first one I came across.
Tile Trim Corners | eBay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 39
O

One Day

An internal miter can be done and opposing surfaces can be matched no matter what shape the profile is.
Think it through.....! (and don't rush)

Reply to Internal 90 deg tile trim but.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen