Discuss how to wet cut 300x600 tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

seka1980

i need to cut some 300x600 tiles in half ie so that they are 300x300
ive been looking at the Plasplugs Master Tiler Diamond Wheel Tile Cutter
but from what i can see the guide rail only goes back to about 22cm.
can any one offer me some advice please

cheers
jon

Last edited by a moderator:
T

theyomper

They will cut okay with a decent manual cutter. Check with Topps as they may well hire a Rubi to you, no real need to wet cut. They are tough but will break cleanly.

G

grumpygrouter

cheers
jon
Check out the Norton TT200 EM saw available from CTD. got a big enough table for what you need!

L

Leatherface

Should snap cleanly with a decent rail cutter.
If you invest in a good one ( best you can afford ) You will get the money back eventually in time saved.
Time is money. :yes:

S

seka1980

problem is im just a diyer and only need it to finsh my bathroom tiling
and the plasplug cutter is only 60 pounds

G

grumpygrouter

Might be a daft question but why are you needing to cut them in half? Is this the cuts around the perimeter?

L

Leatherface

Or you could invest in a cheap angle grinder and a diamond blade, it you telephone the Trade Tiler number and purchase a suitable diamond blade, plus the cost of an angle grinder from B & Q, the cost would be about the same as Plasplugs cutter . Also you will have an angle grinder to use in the future, which would be more adaptable to other DIY projects than a tile wet saw.
Hope this helps.

D

david campbell

cheers
jon

if you are going to buy this cutter(it's good i have one:punk:,just a different blade in mine),take of the guide rail off and mark the tile with a chinagraph pencil(pack of 2 in b&q for £2),this will give you a cutting guide,just guide the pencil mark through the blade!

beanz

TF
Reaction score
if you are going to buy this cutter(it's good i have one:punk:,just a different blade in mine),take of the guide rail off and mark the tile with a chinagraph pencil(pack of 2 in b&q for £2),this will give you a cutting guide,just guide the pencil mark through the blade!

My thoughts exactly. :yes:

S

seka1980

is there any benefits of using a wet cutter as opose to a rail cutter?
the cuts will be for the tiles that sit up to the bath

D

david campbell

is there any benefits of using a wet cutter as opose to a rail cutter?
the cuts will be for the tiles that sit up to the bath

if you have never used either of them before,it might take you breaking a few tiles to get the hang of the rail cutter,whereas wetsaw-away you go!

Reply to how to wet cut 300x600 tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22