Search the forum,

Discuss how to replace water damaged chipboard under tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

What is the best way to remove and also replace the water damaged chipboard and cellotex under ceramic tiled kitchen flloor.
Also what do you do about the kitchen cupboards resting on the floor, do these need to come out too??
the chipboard looked like weetabix under the tiles and cellotex is wet on surfae but not all the way through.
cheers,

M

Mike

removing the floor should be easy, espacially were it's damaged. is it on joists or a floating floor? you should be able to leave the units in, just prop them up as you go along taking the floor out.

jindru

TF
Reaction score
it depends on how much damage there is.if the floor rotted you have no choice but to rip out and start again.any tiles sitting on a rotten floor will lift. kitchen units can be left if they have adjustable legs .new flooring can be fitted underneath provided there are no tiles under units.best of luck not a 5 minute job.

Reply to how to replace water damaged chipboard under tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen