Search the forum,

Discuss How To Get Faster At Wall And Floor Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DemoXpert

'Tis said, a rookie will take 2 to 3 times longer to do the same job as that of an experienced tiler, so the question is: how long will it take for one to go from rookie to expert, providing he's working on a regular basis?! Any ideas?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a lot of conservatory floors and they were a God send. Those are quick for even a new tiler if it's prepared well and the cutting is quick.

But the fiddly bathrooms with dodgy walls can set a quick tiler miles in front of your average one let alone a rookie as you put it.

I couldn't tile bathrooms that quick. About average I'd guess. But I can cut quick. Did they for years and only that and grouting.

D

DemoXpert

Bathrooms is all I'm doing at the mo, so I'm guessing, once I master them, anything else will be a walk in the park... ;) At the moment it's taking me roughly 7/8 days to complete an average bathroom, at around 16 sq meter, way too long obviously as I've noticed ppl wrap them up in 2/3 days :mad::(

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that including preparation?

Prep can be 2 days in some bathrooms.

Tiling alone I can see 26 meters in ceramics being 2 or 3 days by an experienced expert but even he's rushing it if he's beating that. Surely?

Your large porcelains and whatnot could slow you down.

D

DemoXpert

Then again, I'm only on my 4th bathroom, so I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on myself :)

Nope, that's tiling and grouting alone, sure prepping would take longer and sure porcelains would do too, let alone large ones...

W

White Room

If you get the prep as good as you can that can give a bit more speed other than building tiles out with extra adhesive.

Reply to How To Get Faster At Wall And Floor Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen