Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix rawl plugs into hard porcelain tiles diamond drill bits 6mm 8mm holesaw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

How to drill holes into very hard porcelain tiles for fittings.

So you've done all the hard work and fixed your porcelain tiles. Well done!

Now you need to fix and fit all those fixtures and fittings. A lot of installers run into trouble at this stage if they do not have the right equipment.

To drill 6mm or 8mm holes for rawl plugs you need to use a diamond drill on any hard stone tile like porcelain, granite, marble, travertine and even glass.

Typical example: A loo roll holder !
tile_drill25.jpg

A loo roll holder still in its box and with fixings

The location of the Loo Roll Holder will be here in the WC...
tile_drill3.jpg

This is the WC
If you look at the picture above you will see the masking tape on the left. This is where we marked out the wall.

Mark your walls out:
tile_drill11.jpg

Wall is marked out with masking tape

Prepare the wall by measuring with a spirit level and marking out the tape to get the horizontal line perfect. Then offer up you fitting and mark down so that you have a cross.

To make the first cut into the tile you need your hand electric drill set to slow, the diamond drill bit (we supply) some water and our guide plate.

tile_drill5.jpg

The drill plate is pushed onto the tile

Place the drill plate over the spot where you want to drill the porcelain tile

tiledrills_3.jpg

Precision placement to within 0.5mm

X marks the spot. And this is where you will make a start to drill the hole.

tile_drill12.jpg

A small pit is formed.

After a few seconds of drilling a small and perfect pit is begining to form into the tile. Many people are surprised at how neat these holes look. But you must remember the diamond hole saw is a grinder, not a drill! It is taking away only the minimum quantity of your tile. This saves on wear and tear for the drill bit, reduces heat and energy, and most importantly does not break those newly fitted and expensive tiles...

You must now start to add some water.

tile_drill26.jpg

Adding water via a wet sponge will cool things down...

Do not let the drill tip boil. Add water by holding a small wet sponge UNDER the holesaw. If you draw back the drill bit you can feed water to the working site.

Caution: Drilling for longer than 10 seconds will start to heat the holesaw. Monitor the temperature to prolong its life.

tile_drill14.jpg

RESULT! A perfect hole with no trauma...

The end result... At the end of three minutes of patient drilling you will be rewarded with a perfect hole!

tile_drill6.jpg

Fit your rawl plugs and your accessories

Using the right equipment will bring you job satisfaction and your client will be impressed with the results..

TIP: If your client has not yet made up their minds about what to install in their own bathroom you can leave the drills and the guide plate behind for them to finish those last minute things!

All it will cost you is £29.99 for the pack which you can pass on to them.
kit6mm3.jpg

£29.99 CLICK HERE TO ORDER TODAY!

EVERY JOB HAS FIXTURES & FITTINGS.....

Even if you are not planning to use them straight away this pack is a must for every installers toolbox.

Keep in the van.

L

Leatherface

Re: How to fix rawl plugs into hard porcelain tiles diamond drill bits 6mm 8mm holesa

Thanks, nice kit, i never do any fixings for towel rails, loo roll holders etc.
Will hopefully see you at Harrogate, to look at some of your larger hole cutters for pipes etc

H

Highlander

Re: How to fix rawl plugs into hard porcelain tiles diamond drill bits 6mm 8mm holesa

Thanks, nice kit, i never do any fixings for towel rails, loo roll holders etc.
Will hopefully see you at Harrogate, to look at some of your larger hole cutters for pipes etc

Aye I noticed that the last time I stayed in Halifax they dont have loo roll holders they like to recycle the newspapers tear a bit of when you need it :lol:

365 your hole saws are the business however I bought the hole saw guide from topps with the suction pad which works great with your saws. Saves having to hold the guide and less chance of slipage :thumbsup:

Gary

W

White Room

Same as, and they have a water connection for the the pressure bottle

Reply to How to fix rawl plugs into hard porcelain tiles diamond drill bits 6mm 8mm holesaw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen