Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

I bought 120 packers and the primer, and a multimeter to test the cables are ok, I should of tested them before putting the slc over, still worth doing now before another 10 bags and adhesive and tiles go over though.

If everything does go to plan my feet better be grateful for all this hardwork, When you see that the heating system costs around £450 with fancy thermostat you think that's the majority of the cost, but if you add everything else up it's actually the cheapest part.

I hope to do my prepping Friday and pour Saturday, so i'll upload photos when it's done, thanks.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
:)Almost the same job,65 sqm 900x900mm,starting yesterday with SLC,finish tomorrow.Asda-save money every day!
[/ATTACH] IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1635.JPG IMG_1625.JPG

Last edited:
O

Old Mod

nice job, how'd you get on with the levelling clips, any tips?
Don't expect too much from the clips, they're more about holding tiles in place while the adhesive sets than levelling the tiles.
They're designed to break away after, so applying too much force will break them before you've even set them.
What system do you have?

O

Old Mod

Yeah for that type of system they're the best available.
But you still need to set the tile to its correct position before tightening them.
But what they'll do is guide you as to where the tile needs to be, because they won't tighten correctly unless the tile is set right.
Does that make any kind of sense?
You need to make sure that you mix the adhesive with the maximum water content as stated, and keep mixing the bucket throughout, to keep the adhesive as loose as possible.
DO NOT add extra water after the initial mix if it starts to stiffen, just re mix it and it'll loosen up again, unless it's at the point of setting.
And you will need standard set adhesive, not rapid.

I

Italy

Yeah for that type of system they're the best available. really? strange, very strange ...:rolleyes:.
But you still need to set the tile to its correct position before tightening them.
But what they'll do is guide you as to where the tile needs to be, because they won't tighten correctly unless the tile is set right.
Does that make any kind of sense?
You need to make sure that you mix the adhesive with the maximum water content as stated, and keep mixing the bucket throughout, to keep the adhesive as loose as possible.
DO NOT add extra water after the initial mix if it starts to stiffen, just re mix it and it'll loosen up again, unless it's at the point of setting.
And you will need standard set adhesive, not rapid.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen