Discuss Hi, new member logging in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Susiequ

TF
Reaction score
I am tiling a large floor with tumbled travertine tiles. Do these need sealing before grouting and filling all the indentations?

E

enduro

Hi welcome to the forum, you need to grout first then seal, but make sure they are really clean before sealing. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

hello and welcome to the forums.............Depending on the colour of the grout.......i.e not black etc......then you can grout and seal afterwards.......

I tend to advise new comers to tiling to seal once first though to make the clean up easier....make sure they are clean and dry first though..........and seal after grouting and you have got them clean again.........

Susiequ

TF
Reaction score
Hi, new member logging in - Susiequ

Thank you everyone who has replied to my question about grouting travertine tiles. I've been tiling for 13 years, but as is often the case, each job is a new experience!:hurray:

G

grumpygrouter

Re: Hi, new member logging in - Susiequ

Hi Susiequ, welcome to the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

Welcome and hey i love laying that stuff,keep em clean as you tile and that'll help you at the end too.
Joe.
:thumbsup:

S

SnipSnap

Hi Susiequ,
Welcome to the forum!

Just remember to make the grout slightly harder than for the ceramic tiles as it will help getting it done quicker and easyer to clean too. :yes:

Reply to Hi, new member logging in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay