Search the forum,

Discuss HELLO EVERYBODY - HERE TO HELP & ADVICE in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

geek84

Good Morning Everyone

It's great to join this forum.

I am a qualified bookkeeper, so if anyone of you nice people have got any questions regarding your business finances/tax returns, then please do let me know and I will attempt to help you as much as I can.

Thanks and speak to you soon.

G

geek84

Thanks.

As stated above, I am a bookkeeper sand can help with any queries that you may have about your business finances or filling in tax returns etc.

Q

Qwerty

Afternoon @geek84

One quick question if I may, which hopefully could benefit others.

If a tiler (sole trader, not Ltd earning say £35k pa) wanted to take on his wife or girlfriend as an employee with no other form of employment, ......

-what is the maximum they can earn before paying tax?
-what benefit does this have on the yearly return?
-what obligations does the tiler have for his 'employee'

W

WetSaw

Make sure they get "paid" monthly and there's evidence to show payment. If a figure is on your annual tax return for the "work" done by such a person, Mr Garrett, the friendly tax inspector, doesn't like it and won't allow it.

Not that I carry a grudge or anything...

D

Dumbo

Afternoon @geek84

One quick question if I may, which hopefully could benefit others.

If a tiler (sole trader, not Ltd earning say £35k pa) wanted to take on his wife or girlfriend as an employee with no other form of employment, ......

-what is the maximum they can earn before paying tax?
-what benefit does this have on the yearly return?
-what obligations does the tiler have for his 'employee'
Why choose between your wife and girlfriend you should both of their tax allowance
Also is this a Freudian thing where you have a girlfriend and your wife doesn't know but you want her to know but can't tell her yourself so your starting to leave little clues .
Or am I just reading to much into it .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to HELLO EVERYBODY - HERE TO HELP & ADVICE in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen