Search the forum,

Discuss Hello and laser level advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

Edb

Hi there,

Hopefully you can offer some advice.....basically more and more of my clients are asking for fully tiled bathrooms and to be honest I find drawing a level line round the room pretty time consuming and not 100% accurate every time....prob user error! Anyway would anyone be able to let me know what the best sub £150 cross line laser level is?

Also are 365drills really the best choice for goodmid range drills?

Cheers

Ed

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Ed. Welcome to the forum. I didn't want to spend too much on a laser so I bought the Forge steel from screwfix for £75. It's ok and does the job but I've noticed it's best to use the mid point of the laser line as the ends tend to curve off fractionally. I don't know if that's common with all lasers or not.

I've used the 365 drills a couple of times and they seem ok. A lot of guys on this forum tend to use them so they can't be bad

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Hi ed and welcome, if you could afford to push a little higher with your budget I'd go for the PLS 180 around £190 best on the market for the money. Throws a plumb and level line all the way around a room, accurate and will take the knocks.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Hi Ed. Welcome to the forum. I didn't want to spend too much on a laser so I bought the Forge steel from screwfix for £75. It's ok and does the job but I've noticed it's best to use the mid point of the laser line as the ends tend to curve off fractionally. I don't know if that's common with all lasers or not.

I've used the 365 drills a couple of times and they seem ok. A lot of guys on this forum tend to use them so they can't be bad

Hi Martin where in Cheshire are you based. Only asking as I'm in Cheshire also.

B

bugs183

That PLS laser sounds like the biz EDB.It would be well worth the extra penny's. Get yourself the laser pole from Tradetiler. It wedges between door ways and ceilings, and you can move the laser up and down in a second. Don't bother with a tripod.
Also the laser pole is great for holding up window heads as they dry! ;)

Reply to Hello and laser level advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen