Search the forum,

Discuss Hardibacker Tanking Question in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

:flushed:
Tanking kits are about £50 and cover enough to do a shower enclosure or above a bath. So maybe £100 supplied and fitted? I have tiled for years with only tanking wet rooms, but these days i do suggest tanking to customers and explain it all to them, then they have the choice. Depends on the job, if it's a cheap bottom end job, there probably not gonna go for it but any job to a decent standard people tend to go for it. Trying to convince a builder to go with it is a different story!
hahaha!......yeah they look at you gone out!!!!

O

One Day

What do you class as the ideal product to board the walls in a shower area, and the floor
for me, it's kerdi or wedi. Lightweight, easy to cut and waterproof once joints are sealed. I don't like kerdi on floors though. Wedi doesn't compress as easily.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

:grimacing:
What do you class as the ideal product to board the walls in a shower area, and the floor
Well I would say wedi board all day for walls otherwise I'll be in more trouble with impish!:grimacing:........Hardi or wedi for the floor depending what the floor substrate is and if there is UFH

W

White Room

:grimacing:
Well I would say wedi board all day for walls otherwise I'll be in more trouble with impish!:grimacing:........Hardi or wedi for the floor depending what the floor substrate is and if there is UFH

I have no local supplier who does Wedi type boards, all have to be sourced through the net...

M

MW Smith Ceramics

And everyone else, forgot names sorry :thumbsup:
m
I have no local supplier who does Wedi type boards, all have to be sourced through the net...
me neither I get Marmox 10mm boards online from ( the tile experience ) works out to roughly £7.50 for a 1250x 600 sheet including vat......I get all my Schluter from there too ( cheapest I can find it anywhere @ £8 per metre and my local supplier is selling it at £14!!!!!!.....money grabbing git!!!!......that's daylight robbery!......

M

MW Smith Ceramics

thanksfor your replies.

didnt want to tank due to possibility of weight issues once i decide on the tiles, plus the cost as most tanking kits seem to be not large enough to cover the area.

is everbuild aqueseal any good. its only £43 for 7.5m2?
I've never used that one so couldn't say, but I always use Norcross wet seal tanking kit @ £33 and you get around 5 metres ...but I would say if your using heavy tiles go with wedi or Marmox 10 or 12mm glued and mechanically fixed......

Reply to Hardibacker Tanking Question in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen