Search the forum,

Discuss Grouting Square Edge Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi

I have some tiles that I'm fitting in my bathroom and the edges are squared off not slightly rounded like i've previously had experience with.

With rounded off edges when grouting my grout usually sits slightly set back in the tile recess but if i do this with these square edge tiles you'd see the porcelain colour of the tile.

So my question is, do I grout these so the grout is flush with the tile surface and if so what's the best method please?

Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

You often have to go over the joints twice (after letting the first covering take up a bit - harden slightly) then not washing out too much. When you polish the final finish and before the grout has fully set rub across the joint.

Reply to Grouting Square Edge Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen