Discuss Grouting Sandstone in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I took delivery of a new DeWalt24000 yesterday after giving up on the Vitrex bridge saw. Wow!!! what a difference. Cuts the big slabs no probs. I could go on for ages on how impressed I am with it ....maybe on another post.

SNAP

Incredible machine, although has really struggled with Keope porcelain today:thumbsdown:

D

diamondtiling

Sounds very similar to my London basement job, they will eat the grout but I used a deeper trowel as Dave suggested and this helped a lot.

:thumbsup:

T

TT Tiling

hi im on a job at the mo with 900-600 sandstone ,and yes lots of sealer ,4 coats so far ,then grout and one after , its going to eat the grout i can see it coming :thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

I always use sand and cement on most sandstone a lot cheaper and better finish also I find it much easier :pete

Customer had already specified the grout so I have priced it into the job ok. But I know what you mean.

S

SandyFloor

hi im on a job at the mo with 900-600 sandstone ,and yes lots of sealer ,4 coats so far ,then grout and one after , its going to eat the grout i can see it coming :thumbsup:

I've bought in 100 ltrs Lithofin Stain Stop to cover 400 sq. mtrs....crossing fingers it's enough.

T

Time's Ran Out

Recomended 2-20mm joint widths and your tile is 22mm thick ( less any adhesive you decide to leave in joint).
It's an excellent grout, but I'd prefer a natural joint with sand/cement.

S

SandyFloor

Recomended 2-20mm joint widths and your tile is 22mm thick ( less any adhesive you decide to leave in joint).
It's an excellent grout, but I'd prefer a natural joint with sand/cement.

I'm with you there.....but customer wanted the finish to be quite smooth and the first room is complete and grouted and it does have a smooth finish....personally I think it looks a bit plasticy ( is that a word?) when in the rough sandstone...but they knew what they wanted and they're happy with it. I think they have the idea it will discolour less ever time.

Reaction score
Instead of doing it by sliding the tile and forcing the adhesive up from underneath, which could result in lippage, if the stone is well and truly sealed just use adhesive like grout, then wipe over with a sponge to remove enough to accept grout.

Reply to Grouting Sandstone in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks