Search the forum,

Discuss Grout Joint Regulations in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AMC

TF
Reaction score
Lads can anyone help me out here , I'm on a job and the lady in the house is sayin my grout joints are too wide , the tile is a porcelain wood effect , 900 x 25 and the grout joint I used is 2mm , it's on the walls and floor , the tile does have a slight bevel on the back which does make the grout joint a little wider , but I've told her 2mm is the minimum to allow for movement , many thanks

P

p4ulo

Definitely mate, anything less than 2mm would be bonkers on something that large....
Unforts as you say, the bevel makes the joint look wider than it is.

U

Unused Account 1

People see to many pics on computer imagery and think it will look perfect full tile to full tile ,really

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would have tiled it at 3mm. It sometimes says the minimum joint width on the box. The only thing you can do is butt joint them, get paid and then run!!! Too many people are coming back from their hols and wanting large tiles & thin grout lines because that's what they have seen in their hotel. Not realizing that the substrate is concrete and the floors tiles have been diamond polished.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Lads can anyone help me out here , I'm on a job and the lady in the house is sayin my grout joints are too wide , the tile is a porcelain wood effect , 900 x 25 and the grout joint I used is 2mm , it's on the walls and floor , the tile does have a slight bevel on the back which does make the grout joint a little wider , but I've told her 2mm is the minimum to allow for movement , many thanks

If its on both the wall and floor , then i would have gone 2mm as well ...

Reply to Grout Joint Regulations in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Available - Porcelanosa Hampton Beige Floor Tile 22cm x 90cm (13 Boxes - 15.444 M2) Porcelanosa...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen