Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss grout cracking in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jase158

Used 6mm ply,
flexible adhesive
flexible grout

yet the grout is cracking

any help please..

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
6mm ply is no good to thin you might as well have put cardboard down sorry not being funny about it just truthfull,you would need 10 mm minimum and screwed not nailed every 100mm then sealed first before tiling

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ask at the shop where you get your adhesive at you can not tile strait onto the ply without it being primed first they will give you the right one for the job ,if you dont do it your tiles will fail again

I

Ian

Some adhesive manufacturers say to prime the rear and sides of ply, not the face. That aside, use cement boards and the job will be a better one all round.

J

jase158

Some adhesive manufacturers say to prime the rear and sides of ply, not the face. That aside, use cement boards and the job will be a better one all round.

where would i get cement board and what size should i get?

Reply to grout cracking in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks