Search the forum,

Discuss Grout Cracking despite rakeing it out and doing it again in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Weebisto

Are the cracks near the joins in the plywood?
I would say there is a lot of movement in the ply
To be fair after the second grout it's concentrated in a four tile area which was the first to crack the first time around.... which is leading me to think that there's some bounce particularly under that bit

Reaction score
It's unlikely but, I see 'Tile giant' sell KERACOLOR FF.
This one only goes up to 6mm joints. If u used this and the joints bigger, it's just the grout type.

F

Flintstone

Almost certainly movement in the floor. How thick was the ply? Tiling onto any wood is best avoided. If you start as you mean to go on an refuse to tile onto ply, you will have a lot less issues. Cement board is far better. Can’t comment on what’s under the ply

W

Weebisto

Almost certainly movement in the floor. How thick was the ply? Tiling onto any wood is best avoided. If you start as you mean to go on an refuse to tile onto ply, you will have a lot less issues. Cement board is far better. Can’t comment on what’s under the ply
Really good advice thanks

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Large joints heating on full bung.... recipe for drying shrinkage cracks

W

Weebisto

Large joints heating on full bung.... recipe for drying shrinkage cracks
Thanks for that @Ajax123 I'm fairly early on in terms of experience but it was one of the few variables that was different to anytime before and grout has always dried nicely up until now. And heating was on full bung as I lost 3lbs which helped the diet!

Reply to Grout Cracking despite rakeing it out and doing it again in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen