Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Granfix Now Ultra in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hmtiling

I've been informed that Granfix has been bought out by Ultra. I have an account with Ultra but never used any Granfix gear. What are your thoughts on Granfix, especially their gypsum addy?
Cheers.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
In some tests I saw done some time ago 5 gypsum addys were tested for bond strength and setting time. Application ease and mixing were not looked at. The granfix product came 3rd and at the time it was also second most expensive. This might change now ultra own it.

H

hmtiling

In some tests I saw done some time ago 5 gypsum addys were tested for bond strength and setting time. Application ease and mixing were not looked at. The granfix product came 3rd and at the time it was also second most expensive. This might change now ultra own it.
i imagine the price will fall quite a bit as Ultra aare very competitive imo. Wonder if they'll reformulate the granfix stuff?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Were the results of the test published?

Published... No. They were done by another adhesive manufacturer I was involved with who wanted nto develop their own version. They were looking at different formulations and what gave the best results for the least money.

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
hope they dont change the granfix formula i use it most of the time more than happy with it i did a quartz bathroom with their cfta white slow flexi ..tried a test on a tile left it for 24 hours it bonded brill couldnt get of without power tools ....top gear

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can you say which one came out top?

From memory it was norcross tile to gypsum. This was at the time also the most expensive. There's a few new ones come to market since though including tilemaster, nicobond and benfer so whether it would still be the same I don't know.

H

hmtiling

From memory it was norcross tile to gypsum. This was at the time also the most expensive. There's a few new ones come to market since though including tilemaster, nicobond and benfer so whether it would still be the same I don't know.
Cheers. I've only used Norcross and Nicobond gypsum based and got on with them both fine. Neither of them were cheap but no comebacks from them is what counts!
I think it'll be new year before i can get any Granfix stuff through Ultra so i'll have to wait and see.

H

hmtiling

hope they dont change the granfix formula i use it most of the time more than happy with it i did a quartz bathroom with their cfta white slow flexi ..tried a test on a tile left it for 24 hours it bonded brill couldnt get of without power tools ....top gear
Sounds like good stuff!

Reply to Granfix Now Ultra in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks