Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix Grout & Adhesive problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

benthetiler

I have been a tiler for 16 years and over the last two years have had nothing but problems with Granfix products, the grout discolours the adhesive doesn't bond to tile or surface especially when ply or porcelain is concerned and the reps are taking no responsibility for the failure of their products, is anyone else having issues would be great to hear from you

Ben

G

Gazzer

I have been a tiler for 16 years and over the last two years have had nothing but problems with Granfix products, the grout discolours the adhesive doesn't bond to tile or surface especially when ply or porcelain is concerned and the reps are taking no responsibility for the failure of their products, is anyone else having issues would be great to hear from you

Ben

Then why use it ? Plenty of others to choose from !

B

benthetiler

It was recommended by the supplier of the tiles a company who had use the product for many years and only recently the issue has come to light that two years down the line a problem seems to occur, two years after i have done the job and the customer thinks it still my responsibility, how could i foresee this would be a problem!!! I don't use the product anymore and the tile supplier have stopped using it as well due to so many complaints !!!

D

DHTiling

You said you have had probs over the last 2 years.. not 1 job as you have now said..?

You cannot totally bad mouth an Adhesive manufacturer over 1 problem, simply isn't fair IMO..

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i used to use granfix addys and grouts,never really had any issues to be honest i found them a bit gritty but in general was a decent cheap adhesive

M

Mike

i've been using granfix addy for years and only problem i've had was a few bags of rapidset going off too quick but that was probably just cos they were bottom of the pallet or a bit damp. good stuff imo

K

kiwi Mark

Had same probs with grout especially when silicon on joints is done ,turns very dark. Granfix are now aware of this as my supplier had sent these threads to them after I had showed him in the shop a couple of weeks ago. Someone else had started a similar topic, heard nothing back yet?

Reply to Granfix Grout & Adhesive problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen