Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix Grey Grout Dried Different Colours in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Grout lines look like they've been washed off way too much. Tiles are stepping quite a bit.

Not the best tiling that.

I thought you were DIY when you first asked but you say this is a customers job. :-/

You need a tool like a Fein Multimaster with a grout removal head on it. (Available from www.TradeTiler.com) or a grout rake (also from TT). But it'll take you ages with a rake. Then re-grout.

Reaction score
Grout lines look like they've been washed off way too much. Tiles are stepping quite a bit.

Not the best tiling that.

I thought you were DIY when you first asked but you say this is a customers job. :-/

You need a tool like a Fein Multimaster with a grout removal head on it. (Available from www.TradeTiler.com) or a grout rake (also from TT). But it'll take you ages with a rake. Then re-grout.

Thanks for comments, taken on board. Not too sure what funky and stepping means ? I am learning, still a way to go. Another question, is there a minimum bed thickness for floor tiles to stop height of floor being raised too much ?

Reaction score
It's more than likely moisture evaporation causing the dark patches , if you grout to early when using a dispersion adhesive , then staining can occur as the moisture leaches through the joints.
Ok thanks. I did leave for couple days. I have another question, is there a minimum bed thickness for floor tiles to stop height being raised too much. They are going on to hardie backer

Reaction score
How long have you been tiling @Ivan Rubery
Hi, well. I have done a few jobs, tiling not my main area probably about 1 year. I have a large floor trowel with a 10mm half moon recess which i would always use on a floor, however, trying to keep floor height to minimum, just thought i would ask the question if a thinner bed such as 6mm would be an option. I realise tiles on floor need good contact, due to them being stood on and weight bearing down such as toilet pans and people. Thanks

Reply to Granfix Grey Grout Dried Different Colours in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen