Search the forum,

Discuss GRANFIX flexible tile adhesive any good in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Soyabean

Hi tiling experts. I have been researching buying my wall and floor flexible tile adhesive online as I have about 100 SQ M to tile and the make GRANFIX seems on popping time and again and is the most cost effective at around £x per 20KG bag.
My worry it splashing out on 35 bags of the stuff only for it to turn out to be a load of tosh! :prrr:

So has any of you used it, is it okay to go for or is it a case or buy cheap buy twice?
Thanks,
Sel

Last edited by a moderator:
A

aph257

i use Granfix all the time. mostly the Fastset Flexy sets in 3 hours its good for most types of tiles or the flexy CFTA for standard set. IMO they're pound for lb up there with the best.

S

Soyabean

Hi aph25, thanks for your reply. Is that the green bags (Fastset Flexy) that you have used?

And do you think this is okay for porcelain tiles and we will be using it to put the Durabase matting down as well. Thanks.

A

aph257

Fastset Flexy is the dark green bags, 1pt CFTA is the light green, but for Porcs i use the Porcelainfix (purple bag). i've just read the datasheet for fastset flexy and it does say its good for porcs. the only difference i can see is the the Porcelainfix sets in 2 hours at 20°C and not 3hours. in this weather/temp i'd go for the Porcelainfix it might be a bit more but worth it.

S

Soyabean

Many thanks! Just to confirm, is the consistancy of the GRANFIX is good as any other? I don't want my tiler to end up unhappy that he is working with an inferior product to what he is used. Will probably be going for the green product as it's 50% more expensive for the purple bag and I need about 35 x 10KG of the stuff!! Many thanks!

D

Deleted member 9966

Many thanks! Just to confirm, is the consistancy of the GRANFIX is good as any other? I don't want my tiler to end up unhappy that he is working with an inferior product to what he is used. Will probably be going for the green product as it's 50% more expensive for the purple bag and I need about 35 x 10KG of the stuff!! Many thanks!

why hasn't your tiler recommended an appropriate adhesive then?

S

Soyabean

He hasn't used it before but I found some posts on here saying that the product used was lumpy etc. I am confident that it will be fine but seeing that I found someone who has used it before thought I would ask the question re the consistancy that's all.

A

aph257

I thought you were doing the tiling. anyway if your tiler is going to mix 35 bags then I hope he's got a mixer. otherwise it be lumpy:lol::lol:.

D

diamondtiling

35 10kg bags? just buy 17 20kg bags.

How big is the area to tile?

Reply to GRANFIX flexible tile adhesive any good in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen