Search the forum,

Discuss Good Flex Adhesives For Floors? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nickwebster6a

Hi,
as a new comer to the trade (have just completed a course at north east tiling training) I am tiling a bathroom floor which is tongue and groove. Should I lay ply and use flexi adhesive and grout ( any suggestions on brands gratefully received) or is there any other way of doing it? I've heard talk of an adhesive you can use on floor boards but don't know any thing about it.

Thanks
nick :thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

Bal Fast flex, or Ardex-flex 7001 and you can go strtaight to the floorboards if they are solid. If you over board with 18mm ply you may get away with a Single Part Flexy.

N

nickwebster6a

Hi grumpygrouter
thanks for your reply. One floor board was loose but the rest are solid. Any suggestions on the grout if using this type of adhesive or is it just a flexi?

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
nick you have to get the floor completly solid before tiling on to it , i would overboard with 9mm ply screwed 150mm centres and use a 2 part adhesive , use a flexi grout as well..

G

grumpygrouter

Hi grumpygrouter
thanks for your reply. One floor board was loose but the rest are solid. Any suggestions on the grout if using this type of adhesive or is it just a flexi?
Yes flexy grout also. You can get standard wide joint grout and use an admix if you wish.

Reply to Good Flex Adhesives For Floors? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen