Discuss God bless the levelling sysyem in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

S

Spare Tool

Generally unless they're just crap clips the only reason they don't snap off properly is cuz they're cacked round in addy, found running the tip of a scraper just down the edge of last tile stops this happening. Also Imo anyway its a waste of time using rapidset with clips..

S

Spare Tool

WP_20190523_16_49_43_Pro.jpg
Last row of the day I use off cuts and stick some clips in and lightly push in wedges to keep in place for day after..

S

Spare Tool

Any clip can be forced into breaking off if you tighten them too much, the 2mm schmox dont bend, are strongest ive tried and excellent value for money... The only slight complaint are the bases are around 3mm thick so 10mm notch minimum but wouldn't use less than that on a floor anyway so no problem..

Localtiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
9,307 88 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you use the pliers Andy..
And do you only use slow set...?
I normally just use rapid on floors.
I used to use the pliers but I use them less and less now. I only use the pliers if I'm having a bad time and need to really clamp them up. If your floor is good and your trowelling is consistent then you can just use your hand. I only ever use slow set unless I need to tile and grout in one day which is rare.

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,489 57 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
I have this technique where I push the wedge away with the heel of the hand then pull the clip back up the wedge towards me with my fingers . Never pliers

Last edited:

Sean Kelly

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
617 1
Tip. If you are going to buy 1000 1.5mm shmox clips off eBay then don't!

1000 clips is £48.95 but
1200 clips is £47.99!!

Also, the shmox pliers bend. I use my hands to push the wedges in.

S

Spare Tool

Hadn't noticed that with the quantity thing... Generally get 2000 for £80.
Agreed the pliers are rubbish, Raymond plyers best but don't use them very often..

Reply to God bless the levelling sysyem in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.