Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss God bless the levelling sysyem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Thought the pliers were mandatory..?

Appreciate the help, some useful tips.
Would you say it adds a lot of time on a job..?

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They can be a little fiddly at first as the bases are quite thick but once you get going it outweighs any faff at the start you may have and then when (and if) you use them again you will fly through the next job. Also remember to leave clips in the tiles that you finish off for the day, that seems an obvious one but i can still catch myself out with it still. I place lots of obstacles over or around them to help remind the customer they are there overnight.

There is a good video on youtube of a guy adapting a multi tool grout blade for getting into snapped clips or if you didn't leave any and want to get some in. I'll try find it if anyone is interested in having a watch

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thought the pliers were mandatory..?

Appreciate the help, some useful tips.
Would you say it adds a lot of time on a job..?
I never use pliers , just use your hands , much easier.
I use mostly on large tiles or planks.
I’m doing a 50m2 plank at the mo,the clips are a must imo, I think the only thing what’s slows us down is back buttering tiles now.
Once you get used to them , it’s speeds up the job without a doubt

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Here is the video, i've watched most of his stuff, sad i know, but he has some good ones

OP
S

Spare Tool

Generally unless they're just crap clips the only reason they don't snap off properly is cuz they're cacked round in addy, found running the tip of a scraper just down the edge of last tile stops this happening. Also Imo anyway its a waste of time using rapidset with clips..

OP
S

Spare Tool

WP_20190523_16_49_43_Pro.jpg

Last row of the day I use off cuts and stick some clips in and lightly push in wedges to keep in place for day after..

OP
S

Spare Tool

Any clip can be forced into breaking off if you tighten them too much, the 2mm schmox dont bend, are strongest ive tried and excellent value for money... The only slight complaint are the bases are around 3mm thick so 10mm notch minimum but wouldn't use less than that on a floor anyway so no problem..

Reply to God bless the levelling sysyem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock