Discuss glass splashback what cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi all,i have a glass splashback with 400 by 100 blur glass tiles coming up,,going to use mosaic fix on it but wanted to know if my marcrist blade would cut glass tiles or will it have the same effect as throwing a brick through a window:grin:?? do i need a seperate glass cutting blade and if so do they make blades for angle grinders for glass as this may be a cheaper option than a wet cutter blade? any help much appreciated:thumbsup::thumbsup:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
not sure bout a dry cutter cutting them but for angled cuts ill need a wet or angle cutter anyway mate?

G

grumpygrouter

Can't remember exactly, something like €120, but it is only a 150mm blade.

S

Saltire69

the glass blades for the plasplug should fit your grinder kilty. Think their 115mm. Not the greatest blades but cheap if just for 1 job. B&Q do them.

D

DHTiling

When doing L-curs etc with glass tiles you need plenty water....not advisable with a grinder..:grin:....A good quality porcelain blade will cut glass no probs...or if you need to buy one then tradetiler should be able to get you a CVG blade from rubi..or if not then CTD can get them.....

Are those tiles for a kitchen...if so you need to check their suitability for usse behind a cooker.....and check what backing is on them as some require a different adhesive..

D

DHTiling

Depending upon the tile backing then yes they do....but use plenty water and cut slow...if you push through to fast it will chip or even worse shell out ...

G

Gazzer

The marcrist blade had no problems with glass i have cut in the past and neither did the standard plasplugs wheel either. Marcrist was just a little quicker in cutting.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
should i wear protective clothind,,like gloves etc when working with glass is it likely to splinter off?

C

charlie1

Your standard dimond blade will cut glass no probs , the problem you will have is the angle of the blade when cutting will allways cut more in to the back ok of the tile than the front removintg the backing on the tile. When tiling up to the extractor try and tile in behind rather than up to it, also you will be ble to dry cut no bither with an excellent finish.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Marcrist blades will cut glass tiles ok..........but if they have a coloured backing.........dry them as soon as you have done your cut.......the backing on SOME can bubble up a bit:yes:

Reply to glass splashback what cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay