Search the forum,

Discuss Geometric Floor Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

howard

Hi All
I Have Been Asked To Lay Geometric Floor Tiles On A Wood Floor 6mtr X 1.5
I Have Never Laid This Sought Ot Tilr Before Can Anyone Give Me Any Advice On This And What I Should Charge

D

DHTiling

apart from the usaul like prepping of the floor. this type of tiling takes alot of thought and planning well inadvance of fixing. firstly depending on geometric design, plan the borders first, i tend to dry lay these first around the perimeter of the room ( which is usaully hallways ) because the borders have to connect in and around corners etc, taking great care to get them straight , once satisfied they are in correct position then fix borders in situ, allow to set so you dont move them, then depending on infill pattern centre these within borders and when happy with lay out fix these aswell, alot of geometric tiles are of a porous nature and need sealing ( the ones i have laid anyway ) , some patterns are quite easy others are difficult so plan carefully and lay once. hope this helps and post picks when done. dave.

H

howard

Dave The Customer Has Emailed The Design They Want Cant See A Grout Line Do These Sort Of Tiles Have One They Are Black & White Tiles

D

DHTiling

years ago every thing was butt jointed due to the type of substrates they were laid on usauly a sand/cement bed, but t/day methods differ , i give a 3/5 mill joint depends on tile and pattern and sizing of tiles plus grout emphaises the pattern.

Reply to Geometric Floor Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen