Search the forum,

Discuss Fully vitrified Porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileman

Hi all, is it necessary to seal fully vitrified porcelain tiles, prior to grouting, they have a natural stone looking face, I didn't think it was until I read a Lithofin product sheet on the subject.
john

D

davy_G

spot test a few with different liquids before laying them and see if they stain or are porous. I usually refer questions like that back to the client to ask their supplier. It passes the buck somewhat but at least you asked the question and took the necessary action.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MICK the Tiler

As a general rule of thumb I would allow for sealing all unglazed pocelain, but as Dave has said the manufacturer would be your first port of call.

P

Pawelzik

As a general rule of thumb I would allow for sealing all unglazed pocelain, but as Dave has said the manufacturer would be your first port of call.

:iagree: with Mick. Here my tip: Spot tests can be made by using fluids that are common in households (waht makes sense) and make evil spots like:
Tomato ketchup, black coffee, red wine, non-pemanent marker pencils (permanent markers = big problem), ink, citric acid (for cooking), vinegar and - my favourite - blood from liver (yak):puke: Martin

Reply to Fully vitrified Porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I bought some tiles for my bathroom wall, including a shower over bath area The shop...
Replies
Views
Hi, can I use BAL Quickset Render to level and area between Hardiebacker and drywall then cover...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen