Search the forum,

Discuss FREE Buckets. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Go to your local take away shops , they get buckets of mayonnaise , curry powder etc etc ... and they just tend to throw them away ..

I get some really good ones from a kebab shop ... :thumbsup:.. only around 15 ltr buckets but good for grouting and smaller mixes of adhesive and then i use Bal or Tilemaster 25ltr buckets for bigger mixes.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Great point Dave completely forgot about those, my friend has a cafe and I use the empty mayo tubs for mixing grout. Also I find plastic paint kettles with flat bottoms are ideal for grout

D

DHTiling

The ones i get are a good size... so deffo worth going to see what they have.... Also factories that produce snack / breakfast biscuits do 20ltr plus buckets for syrup etc .. and they throw them out by the pallet loads..

Thee old saying " Shy bairns get nowt " applies here :lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just put that into the translator and I think it says "if you don't ask you don't get" :lol:

D

Dougs Third Go

I get a load from a farmer, their a good size and he has to pay to get rid of them otherwise :thumbsup:

I

Ian

I get 20 litre ones from a mate of mine who works for Western Power, their cable jointing kits come in them, they have lids as well so, handy for keeping mixed primer in so I don't have to wash the roller/sponge.

B

Bubblecraft

Thought you'd say something like that lol. So you mix up SPF for metro's then? ;)

I know I ain't the only one but the only one man enough to admit it lol

Reply to FREE Buckets. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen