Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Tile Edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

andrewm

TF
Reaction score
I am about to lay 600x300mm x 10mm thick tiles in a hallway. The end nearest the front door will have a full-width mat-well so the tiles will not go right to the wall. To avoid the possibility of the tile edges getting chipped I was reckoning on using some form of edging strip. I was going to use a strip of 3/4" aluminium T (or L) extrusion but it occusrs to me that there may be a 'proper' solution to this. Is there any custom made trim that I should use or is plan A still the best option?

I should add that the mat will be slightly thicker than the tiles+adhesive.

Andrew

Last edited:
I

Ian

When I have done this in the past, I've used trim on the edge, like you have suggested or, had a company create a frame that the mat sits in, then tile up to that.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just use L shape trim, most tile shops sell it in different thickness, put one edge under the tile, and the other edge protects the tile from chipping..

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
A good flooring stockist could point you in the right direction. But the carpet fitters i use if any of my customers want carpets fitted use a similar thing to the alu-strip thats been suggested.

Reply to Floor Tile Edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen