Search the forum,

Discuss Floor prep -whats your opinion on that????????? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lukeb

Hi.
I need to put the quote together by tuesday evening.I was 99% confident what I was going to suggest to the customer but just to get my thoughts strait will do this post :smilewinkgrin:.
I`ve got 11m2 of 100x100 porc.tiles to do in a hallway(floor).The existing subflor is 18mm chipboard with 30mm polistyring glued to concrete floor.There is no fixings and there is is minimal movement.The plan was and explained to client ---
1.lift up existing chipboard and reboard with 40mm Marmox stuck on adhesive,screw down with washers(what u think?),ufh,slc,then tile.

But i m thinking now leave existing chipboard ,secure it with screws top up with 6mm cement board then ufh,slc ,tile.

What do you think guys as it akes significant difference to price.
And as we all know people do not want to hear mega money quotes however he is not one of them "can u do it cheap mate" (as i had 6 of them recently.......:thumbsdown:)

Anyway.........advice much appreciated.

L

lukeb

Hi.
I need to put the quote together by tuesday evening.I was 99% confident what I was going to suggest to the customer but just to get my thoughts strait will do this post :smilewinkgrin:.
I`ve got 11m2 of 100x100 porc.tiles to do in a hallway(floor).The existing subflor is 18mm chipboard with 30mm polistyring glued to concrete floor.There is no fixings and there is is minimal movement.The plan was and explained to client ---
1.lift up existing chipboard and reboard with 40mm Marmox stuck on adhesive,screw down with washers(what u think?),ufh,slc,then tile.

But i m thinking now leave existing chipboard ,secure it with screws top up with 6mm cement board then ufh,slc ,tile.

What do you think guys as it akes significant difference to price.
And as we all know people do not want to hear mega money quotes however he is not one of them "can u do it cheap mate" (as i had 6 of them recently.......:thumbsdown:)

Anyway.........advice much appreciated.

No sugestions then.....:(

D

DHTiling

Only just seen this, yes you can use extra long frame fixings to pull the floor down solid to the substrate... you will need to make sure no pipes are within said structure.

Reply to Floor prep -whats your opinion on that????????? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen