Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Shower panels.. can they work with wedi? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

zibby

TF
Reaction score
I have a new loft conversion, it has green moisture resitant plasterboard in bathroom. i want to fit shower panels bought from bathstore in shower cubicle it has a MDF core with some waterproof coating. Would there be any benefit to installing wedi board on top of the green moisture plasterboard (which has been painted white with crown contract mat) to add extra measure to waterproofing the walls. also will shower panel stick onto top of the wedi board using grab adhesive like fix all or pink grip?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
All your post is a recipe for disaster.
The mdf core panels are not fit for inside a shower. Trust me they will,fail.
And the fact you have painted the plasterboard, will stop the grab adhesive working.

My advice would be to now reboard with moisture resistant board, prime with acrylic primer. The board with a minimum of quality ply based shower panel. Or better to use nuance boards. These are waterproof.

Reply to Fitting Shower panels.. can they work with wedi? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen