Discuss Female Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

scorpion26

HI Folks, Yep I am a female tiler, I have been tiling for about 4 years now. I did my course at college and then also did one of these 4 day training courses. Seems more woman are getting into the trade . I enjoy and always get the questions from customer " Are you doing the work, I never heard of a woman tiler". Hope thigns are going well for all the other female tilers out in the trade. :angel_smile:

L

Leanne

HI Folks, Yep I am a female tiler, I have been tiling for about 4 years now. I did my course at college and then also did one of these 4 day training courses. Seems more woman are getting into the trade . I enjoy and always get the questions from customer " Are you doing the work, I never heard of a woman tiler". Hope thigns are going well for all the other female tilers out in the trade. :angel_smile:

Hiya where abouts are you based? did you find it hard getting people 2 giv you a chance to prove your self? and do you attract a certain type of customer? like old people and men haters? ***

S

scorpion26

Leanne, im in shields as well, I think you have contacted me, Well when i started i just jumped in and went with it. It is odd what you get, I have varied of customers, its hard to say, but i do find being female and in this business hard,

L

Leanne

so is your business doing well then? do you advitise as a female tiler? do you still feel like you have to prove some thing just to get your foot in the door? and yea it was proply me that contacted you i contacted about 55 tilers from around here hehe ***

L

lucyloo

hi im female and a tiler from what ive read theres a few forward blokes on here, ive got 6years experiance and im down in the west country:wub:

L

Leanne

hi im female and a tiler from what ive read theres a few forward blokes on here, ive got 6years experiance and im down in the west country:wub:

hiya so is there many female tilers there? and hows your business goin? a think female tilers r wicked ive been trying 2 get into the trade for a few months now like and its proving harder then i thought!!! ***

S

scorpion26

Leanne, get in touch with me and ill tell you what i have done, I can try n help you out before I move back to the States.

C

clmcg123

:wub: hi there.one more female here,so that makes,oooh about half a dozen on the site.you rite leanne there isnt enough but makes it in good stead for us getting employment as its also an advantage(well,as long as we r good that is).in the middle of an ensuite and if i can work out how to put my photos up iwil.anymore females out ther would like to add their photos.for me,id like some constructive criticism(if any-joking!!)good luck in finding an apprenticeship.by the way,im from the northeast-redcar,cleveland.:wub:

K

K2<:o)

Lucyloo, Scorpion 26 and Clmc123, Were any of you lassies in other careers before moving on to tiling?

K2

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Woop wooop, tilersforums.com once again connects the nation!

I've messaged you with my email address clmcg123, send me the photo's and i'll upload them to our gallery for you :)

K2,

What do you mean 'lassies' before they were tiling? :) I'm confuddled! Doesn't take much though!

E

elsdevine

Hiya! Yes i'm a woman tiler - startin out ! Still working full time as a civil servant, doing tiling part time until i'm ready to give up the boring service!
How you getting on?
Elaine!

L

lucyloo

im female down in the west country came on here to get advice off more experianced than me, seems to be more off a chat up forum ha ha:happy:

C

clmcg123

:wub: done various things-hmf,worked abroad and boring retail work(not for me).what did you do k2 and is that your buisness name?:wub:

Reply to Female Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay