Discuss Female Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leanne

Hiya I was just wondering if there was any more Female tilers on this site? If there is please get intouch id love to know how yous are doing!! Thank you

Theres gotta b sum lasses out there? ? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kapitan

you know leanne ive been tiling nearly 20 yrs and i dont think ive seen a female tiler ur the first congrats!! i hope you do well, stick in!!

L

Leanne

there only 1 around the north east that i know of shes doing really well for her self! theres been a few times ive thought of giving up all together its just seems so hard for people to take you seriouse and give you a chance! Hopfully ill find some one to take me on for my apprenticeship and ill get the experience i need! ***

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a couple registered on here too ;) They just don't post that much. There's also a couple who are going on a training course that are registered and post under one name.

I've seen a few about.

There was one lass who came on a course once and went away and got a nice pink van, or pink text all over her van (can't remember
fully) and then aimed her tiling services at other females. She had an edge on blokes competing with her when the work was for a female as she connected design-wise, most of us blokes are not too good with colour matching as you'll probably all agree. :)

H

howard

Hi Leanne i am just trying to start a tiling company with a mate i may have got a good contract coming up in Manchester we are both new tilers are you experienced in any way :shades_smile:

L

Leanne

Hi Leanne i am just trying to start a tiling company with a mate i may have got a good contract coming up in Manchester we are both new tilers are you experienced in any way :shades_smile:

Hiya ive attended a course at north east tiling! but i would prefer getting some more hands on experience so im doing an apprenticeship with CITB I jus have 2 find an employer!!

any way good look with your company i hope it gos really well for you!!! ***

I'll make this topic a 'sticky thread' so that other females can find it easy to reply to :)

Thank you!!!! and as for that Pink Van thats what I want when I get going proply a Pink citroen berlingo! I can see it now hehe ***

Last edited by a moderator:
K

K2<:o)

Hi Leanne,

I'm not a tiler .... yet, but hoping to become one soon. I did a three week tiling course as part of a construction course last year and got hooked. My classmates were all male and the average age was about 16 ( I was older than most of their mothers!!!). It was a pretty basic course and pretty slow-moving, but gave me enough confidence to fully tile a family-members cloakroom. I'm now looking for a more advanced course (currently looking at UK Tiling as it's closer to home) as I've offered my services to a friend who is currently renovating a house. Like yourself, I'll also be looking for help and advice from this forum.

All the best in your search for an employer.

K2

L

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

I'm not a tiler .... yet, but hoping to become one soon. I did a three week tiling course as part of a construction course last year and got hooked. My classmates were all male and the average age was about 16 ( I was older than most of their mothers!!!). It was a pretty basic course and pretty slow-moving, but gave me enough confidence to fully tile a family-members cloakroom. I'm now looking for a more advanced course (currently looking at UK Tiling as it's closer to home) as I've offered my services to a friend who is currently renovating a house. Like yourself, I'll also be looking for help and advice from this forum.

K2

Thankz I hope everything goes well for you! xxxx keep intuch and let me no how things work out!!!! ***

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Leanne,

K2

K2,

I'm guessing you're female too then. :) Welcome to the forums. UK Tiling Courses is a spot on course, and as they only take a few (literally) per course, you get a good amount of time on a one2one basis. Very good training. There's less feedback on here about their courses as they have their own forums where they all chat, obviously very pro UKtilingCourses though so independent feedback might be easier to find on here ;) Plus, we're all nice on here. :p

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Leanne,

I think i'll send an email to everybody for you to ask any ladies to say hi in here. If there ends up being enough women when the member count improves more, I might even let you lot have a ladies room on here :p

L

Leanne

Leanne,

I think i'll send an email to everybody for you to ask any ladies to say hi in here. If there ends up being enough women when the member count improves more, I might even let you lot have a ladies room on here :p

Arrr bless ya that would be wicked!!! ur a star babez ***

K

K2<:o)

Thanks for the welcome and the reply Dan.

Yes I'm female, and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one strangely drawn to a tiling career. Bit worried about L&R tho!!? I've been looking at a few tiling forums and decided to register here just because of your independant feedback. That's one reason, but the main one is because you all seem so nice.

I'll keep you updated with my progress, as I've enjoyed reading about how others are doing.

All the best,
K2

Reply to Female Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay