Search the forum,

Discuss fancy new trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
with all these new trowels now out with angled notches & handles with bells and whistles on them just a few ive found online anyone tried them .
whats the verdict???
31r6Bv2D4TL.jpg 1YW_wooden.jpg Mick%u00252527s+Special+Trowels+2011-12-20.jpg platinum-tiling-trowel.jpg

Last edited:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Don't get caught carrying one, they look like dangerous weapons, nah never used these before.

I

Ian

Pics 2/3 look very odd. I wonder if they actually perform a function or if it's just a gimmick.

W

White Room

I have the Platinum set but it's been a while since I used them and they are heavy for a trowel....

B

bugs183

I've tried the first trowel, sounded like a good idea when explained, but it didn't perform like the u shaped trowel at all, never used them since.
there was a company selling u shaped trowels on ebay with a 12mm depth, and these were brilliant, but just looked and there's none for sale at the moment.

R

Rich

I want to give the Rubi 45 degree trowels and the platinum a whirl, if they make it easier to get a decent coverage then Im game but will expect them to be pretty much the same as standard trowels.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
I want to give the Rubi 45 degree trowels and the platinum a whirl, if they make it easier to get a decent coverage then Im game but will expect them to be pretty much the same as standard trowels.

the rubi 45 degree trowel imo is useless rich , i used it once never again you get one and you will see what i mean

P

prceramics

the rubi rep i see said they are the future and everybody will be using them , well he would i am not so sure

C

charlie1

the rubi 45 degree trowel imo is useless rich , i used it once never again you get one and you will see what i mean

Couldnt agreee more, the most usless tiling tool i have tried (ever) Hard to explain thou, seems to rip the adhesive, utter crap!!

Reply to fancy new trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen