Search the forum,

Discuss expansion joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

geehippy

Just a quick thought. I've just finished laying 20m2 of 30 by 60 porcelain floor tiles in a herringbone pattern.
The room was just about the right size to avoid having to use expansion joints, but if you had to put them in how would you go about it?
:huh2:

P

peter241

Hi Geehippy,

Ive been using Expansion Joints for years on site, you dont get much call for them in a domestic premesis tho. on site when working on large areas i tend to put them in every 8 - 10 meters on top of the joint in the floor where the screed or concrete slabs meet, these are usuall 8 - 10 meters square.

They are really simple to insert, its like a lenth of tile trim, you put it down and bed the tile in to and up to it. then you fix the next tile to the other side of the joint. it looks like a grout line. in affect it is!

Expansion / movement joints come in variouse colors, grey, black, blue, yellow. you can even get them in pink :lol:

i hope this helps:thumbsup:

Reply to expansion joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen