Discuss Estimate & Quote ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

how about extras during the job; we emptyd a pool a few weeks ago after agreeing a price and found two leaks and informed the client, in the mean time went away on other job. come back client said this made us to expensive and got someone (to take over ) nice one mate .can they do this when you have started the job???

Start another thread and let others have some input.:thumbsup:

John.

A

Alpha Omega

Gary
If the Estimate/Quote issue has been resolved and you've slept on it which did you provide.
Is it at the measure stage or have you started the job.

Without more details any further input on the moral position you are in would be wrong.
We can all 'forget' to include £1300 in a price to win a job but is that fair on the other 'honest job' tilers who provided the correct costing for the work required.

Timeless John.

Hi John,

I have only supplied an estimate, but as it is for a full bathroom refurb, have decided to swallow the extra cost,
Still a guts ache, as I went in fairly cheap to secure it.

Thanks all for your opinions and advice

Regards

Gary

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you guys currently provide quotes which you stick to, or estimates, which may change?

O

Old Mod

I always stick to my quotes regardless!
If there is a part of the job that includes a possible unknown or an item that can only be investigated at a later stage, then I'll state that the price may alter, in my quote.
I'll also state that the quote is for a particular tile, so if the tile changes, then the price may too!

Reply to Estimate & Quote ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22