Search the forum,

Discuss Ensuite Tiling advise needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello,
I am installing an ensuite which will have all the walls and floor tiled with ceramic tiles but am not sure whether, after the first-fit plumbing and electrics are in place, the complete room should be tiled and then the toilet, shower and vanity units fitted or whether some or all of the items be fitted first then tiled around them.
I feel the 'fully tiled first' scenario would give a better finish but not sure that its the best because of then having to drill/cut tiles in situ to fit the items.
What is everybodies advise or opinions please.
Regards.

W

Waluigi

Bath and shower tray in first and then tiled.

You would then install the WC, Basin, Towel Rad, bath panel, shower valve and screen after the tiling.

The only slight deviation that some people work to is fitted furniture. Some people will get the fitted furniture in first especially if it’s a long run of furniture. Modular furniture (wall mounted and single piece furniture) would always be installed after tiling.

A lot of this isn’t optional. For example a shower screen must absolutely be installed after the tiling has been completed. A silicone bead between the tray/bath and tiles is also essential.

Abviosueoy there are some exceptions to these rules but I’m talking about the majority of bathrooms.

Reply to Ensuite Tiling advise needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen