Discuss Electric Tile Cutter For Slate in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

stevesmith89

Ok thank you everyone for your input, I think I've narrowed it down to a table top one and will pop in some local shops etc but I can get the rubi nd 200 for £350 online. I'll keep this thread open and update with which one I go for and my experience after the jobs finished

J

Just Rizzle

have you thought of a rubi 180 its a tilers circular saw can use wet or dry I use it dry and fit it has a fitting to attach a vacuum for the dust a lot less cumber son than any table wet cutter especially if space is an issue

S

stevesmith89

Yeah I was looking at that one earlier but Rubis product video made it look extremely complicated to set up etc

J

J Sid

have you thought of a rubi 180 its a tilers circular saw can use wet or dry I use it dry and fit it has a fitting to attach a vacuum for the dust a lot less cumber son than any table wet cutter especially if space is an issue
You cut slate dry? And get a good edge? That I've got to see ;)

P

p4ulo

I thought Slate was one of the stones which had a quite high Silica content, so not ideal to be cutting dry?
I did my slate tiles with a vitrex 750 Pro with a new vitrex blade, easy peasy.....
What cutter were you using first off that wasn't suitable?

Reply to Electric Tile Cutter For Slate in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks